Statement of Financial Accountability
Turning Point Ministries International engages in equipping, encouraging and empowering the people of God to work together in prayer, compassion and Christian outreach to show people everywhere the love, power and saving work of Jesus Christ through domestic and international missions, prayer initiatives, training and mentoring, and compassion outreach.
We believe that the Lord supplies all resources for ministry whether through individual donors, businesses, foundations or other grants. As such we recognize our accountability both to Him and to our donors. As a member of the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability and knowing we have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
- We subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine. Advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through word and deed is the objective of our financial conduct.
- We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors, the majority of whom are not staff members or their relatives. Our Board meets regularly to establish policies, approve budgets, and review operational results and ministry accomplishments.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We obtain an annual audit or review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm, Ratliff & Sommerville, P.C. Copies of our current audited financial statements are available upon request.
- Our full Board serves as the audit committee reviewing the annual audit and making adjustments to policies or procedures when necessary.
- We seek to conduct our activities according to the highest standards of integrity and to avoid conflicts of interest. Because we believe that it is God’s place to prompt a response to our fund-raising appeals, we do not endorse or engage in high-pressure or manipulative fund-raising tactics.
- Contributions to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. In order to help our donors determine the tax-deductible portion of their gifts, we receipt all donations showing the fair market value of any goods or services provided to the donor.
- Gifts are used for the project identified unless Ministry Executives, in good faith, determine that changing ministry needs require applying them to another urgent matter.